Hammersmith is a vibrant cultural, and commercial centre of West London, with unparelled transport links direct to Heathrow Airport and Central London. Within the affluent London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, Hammersmith sits directly south of Shepherds Bush and north of Fulham. Kensington, Chelsea and Westminister are moments away by public transport.
The area offer residents and visitors easily accessible transport links, impressive schools, award pubs and restaurants, major entertainment venues and World class shopping.
Easy access to M3, M4 & M40 and all routes heading West. Driving to Heathrow takes under 30 minutes.
- Piccadilly, District, Circle and Hammersmith and City line from Hammersmith
- Central line from Shepherds Bush
- Hammersmith & City line from Goldhawk Road & Shepherds Bush Market.
- Overland trains from both Shepherds Bush & Olympia to Gatwick & Brighton
Restaurants and Cafes
Any thriving area has a thriving social side and both Brook Green and Brackenbury Village offer their residents a delicious and thirst quenching array of options in which to while away nights off and happy weekends.
- Azou - Azou offers the very best in Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian cuisine which will appeal to all senses. The award winning menu reflects the huge variety of dishes from North Africa.
- Gogi Gogi - The menu is an eclectic mix of authentic dishes originating from various regions of China.
- Marco - A collaboration between Marco Pierre White and Roman Abramovich, Marco is an uber chic resturant located in Chelsea
Footbal Club, offering a fusion of Frenchand British cuisine.
- Zing Indian - Authentically produced quality Indian cooking with just a modicum of a twist. A local restaurant that has won aclaim from national newspapers.
- Charm- Charm is Thai restaurant serving all the classics as well as modern dishes and authentic Thai cuisine.
- The Gate - London's most successful vegetarian restaurant since 1989. The owners' rich diverse cultural background reflects in the culinary excellence.
- River Cafe - Bringing the taste and colour of Italian home cooking to London with an empahasis on the finest ingredients, blessed with a buzzing atmosphere.
- Restaurants: The Pope's Eye, Raouls, Karma, Chez Michel, Thai Rice.
- Cafes and Delis: Al's, Brooks, Betty Blythes (voted one of the best tearooms in London)
- Food shops: The Cape Clear Fish Shop, Stentons (butcher) and the Farmers' Market outside the Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith every Thursday, selling English farm produce (from fruit, vegetables and farm-churned butter and cheese to home-made sausages and hog roast), Moroccan olives, dips, Caribbean cakes, salads and ready-made dishes from the Philippines.
Pubs and Bars
- The Old Ship - Recorded on the cencus as early as 1722, it is still an ideal place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It also offers beer, wine and coffee at any time too.
- The Crabtree - This is an iconic Victoria ub set on the river in Fulham. Newly refurbished with stunning views of the Thames from its extensive beer garden and riverside terrace.
- The Dove - The Dove is one of London's most famous pubs dating back fro mthe 17th Century. With great river views, the charming pub is immensly popular.
- The White Horse- Beutifully situated on the corner of Parsons Green, this is an iconic London pub. The famous BBQ and sunny beer garden is a summer delight.
- The Andover Arms- If you are looking for a quality fo service and what could claim to be the best pint in the world, then a Fuller's beer at the Andover Arms is for you.
- Pubs: The Havelock, The Anglesea, The Parrs Head, The Bird in the Hand, The Jam Tree, The Queen's Head, The Stonemasons Arms, The Brook Green, The Andover Arms, The Queen's Head
Arts and Culture
- Riverside Studios - A unique arts and media centre on the Thames with performance studios, a cinema and contemporary restaurant and bar.
- The French Art Studio - A London gallery specialising in French contemporary art.
- The Lyric Theatre - Lyric Hammersmith produces provoking, entertaining, popular, eclectic, contradictory and diverse.
- Fulham Palace Museum and Gallery - Historic palace with interging meseum and relaxing cafe-bar overlooking extensive botanic gardens.
Shopping & Entertainment
- Hammersmith Apollo - A major entertainment venue. Designed in Art Deco style, it is one of London's most exciting live music venues, hosting concerts from every musical genre.
- Westfield - One of the largest shopping centres in the UK, with over 255 high street brands and designer shops.
- Vue Westfield - London's first choice premier film destination, the UK's biggest and most technologically advanced, fully digital cinema complex.
- O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - A long history of entertaining Londoners. Previously the BBC Television Theatre, and currently has a capacity of 2000 as a music venue.
- Olympia Arena - The major exhibition centre and entertainment centre of West London
- Earls Court Arena - Central London's largest exhibition centre, conference and event venue.
- from high end to high street, the Westfield has shops galore, restaurants, a gym, a multi-screen cinema and masses of parking in this huge, modern complex.
- Kensington High Street & Notting Hill are both nearby and offer a great selection of boutique shops, Whole Foods, antiques and the world famous Portobello Market.
- Olympia has the eponymous exhibition centre which also houses a Sotheby's auction house.
- King Street in Hammersmith offers a wider range of shops from Mothercare and TKMaxx to Primark and M&S.
- Boutique shops: There are also a inspiring amount of small boutique shops from Oliver Bonas, Greens the florist and Holloways on Shepherds Bush Road, to Bliss Fields, Honeybunch and Peter's Posh Pets on Blythe Road to The Hepbzibah Gallery in Brackenbury Village.
Sports and Outdoors
You don't have to bump into everyone you know at the gym if you don't want to with BG and BV's wide selection of keep fit and beauty options
- Hurlingham Park- A large park with a famous sporting heritage located adjacent to Hurlingham Club. An exciting adventure playground fit for adults and children.
- Fulham Palace- The stately rooms host an intriguing museum, a cafe-bar and gallery. This is set in the extensive botanic gardens open to the public.
- Fulham Football Club
- Queens Park Rangers Football Club
- Chelsea Football Club
- Gymbox (The Westfield)
- Virgin Active (Hammersmith)
- Fitness First (Hammersmith)
- Brackenbury Natural Health Clinic(Brackenbury)
- Ravenscourt Park is the largest in the area with tennis courts, flower garden, a children's play area with paddling pool and plenty of open space
- The riverside park of Furnival Gardens is just beyond Hammersmith Bridge and there’s a great garden centre next to the main entrance, The Ginko Garden Centre
- Brook Green benefits from a large dog walking area, a playground and tennis courts
- Also popular are St Peter's Square Garden , Chiswick House and Bishops Park
- Just across the river, the London Wetland Centre is and has 105 acres of wetland inhabitants and over 180 bird species, with an interactive Discovery Centre, children's farmyard, art gallery and observatory activities