Renting with Lamington
Once you have found the perfect flat, read below for the process to secure it.
How to Secure an Apartment
1. Schedule and arrange a viewing of the apartment. Contact us here.
2. Make an offer, including your proposed date of move in. Please contact us by phone or email to make this offer. We pass this directly onto the landlord for approval.
Preparing the tenancy
Once the offer has been accepted, the following steps will take place.
Pay a holding deposit. 2 weeks rent is required as a holding deposit to secure the apartment for you, taking it off the market and stopping viewings. Until this deposit is receieved, viewings continue and offers can be accepted by any other bidding party. The deposit can be paid by card in our office or over the phone. (PLEASE NOTE: This is non-refundable should you withdraw from taking the property, or references obtained are unsatisfactory.)
Complete applicant and reference forms. We will then ask you to complete some short applicant and reference forms to be returned to us.
Collection of references. We will then take these details and collect references from your previous/current landlord, and current employer. These need to be received well in advance of signing the tenancy. An independent inventory company will contact you with details for an inventory report to be performed on moving in.
Total Fees (payable before move in)
- Balance of Deposit – further 4 weeks rent. (A total of 6 weeks deposit is held).
- Initial Rent Due – The remaining rental from the tenacny start date to the end of that calendar month.
See here for upfront list of fees.
On Day of Move In
- Upfront payment. The total payments now need to have been recieved by Lamington.
- Signing of the tenancy – All tenants will sign the tenancy agreement, and swap copies with one signed by Lamington on behalf of the landlord.
- Inventory – The inventory clerk will either have completed the inventory report or will meet you at the property.
- You collect keys to your flat and welcome pack.
After Move in
- Deposit protection certificate - Your deposit is protected within a governement backed scheme
- Inventory Report - Within a couple of working days, we will recieve the written inventory report which we will forward to you. You have 7 days to challenge any details in this report.
- Utilities and Council tax. We notify all utility companies, and the council that you have moved in, with any respective meter readings. You can then expect to recieve information from these parties within the next 3 months.
- Payment is always made in advance, due every month on the 1st.
- The tenancy contract is for 12 months.
- After the 12th month, tenancies become rolling periodic contracts, hereby permitting tenants to leave with just 1 months notice.
- Generally move ins must be carried out during the working week, however weekend moves in can be arranged. In this instance the tenancy agreement would be pre signed, and other necessities carried out ahead of the move in date.
- If you wish to move in very quickly after reserving the apartment, and it is available to do so, the requirements will be that we a) receive back both previous landlord and current employer references, and b) the full monies outlined above are received before the move in date.
If you have any other queries, please contact us, and we hope to accommodate you here in Hammersmith soon.