Hammersmith is a vibrant cultural and commercial centre of West London, with unparelled transport links direct to Heathrow Airport and Central London. Within the affluent London borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, Hammersmith sits directly south of Shepherds Bush and north of Fulham. Kensington, Chelsea and Westminister are moments away by public transport.
The area offers residents and visitors easily accessible transport links, impressive schools, award-winning pubs and restaurants, major entertainment venues and world-class shopping.
Easy access to M3, M4, and M40 and all routes heading West. Driving to Heathrow takes under 30 minutes.
- Piccadilly, District, Circle and Hammersmith and City lines from Hammersmith
- Central line from Shepherds Bush
- Hammersmith & City line from Goldhawk Road & Shepherds Bush Market.
- Overland trains from both Shepherds Bush & Olympia to Gatwick & Brighton
Restaurants and Cafes
Any thriving area has a thriving social side and both Brook Green and Brackenbury Village offer their residents a delicious and thirst quenching array of options in which to while away nights off and happy weekends.
- Azou - Azou offers the very best in Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian cuisine which will appeal to all senses. The award winning menu reflects the huge variety of dishes from North Africa.
- Indian Zing - Authentically produced quality Indian cooking with just a modicum of a twist. A local restaurant that has won acclaim from national newspapers.
- Charm- Charm is a Thai restaurant serving both modern and classic, authentic Thai cuisine.
- The Gate - London's most successful vegetarian restaurant since 1989. The owners' rich diverse cultural background reflects in the culinary excellence.
- River Cafe - Bringing the taste and colour of Italian home cooking to London with an emphasis on the finest ingredients, boasting a buzzing atmosphere.
Pubs and Bars
- The Old Ship - Recorded on the census as early as 1722, it is still an ideal place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It offers beer, wine and coffee at any time through the day.
- The Dove - The Dove is one of London's most famous pubs dating back to the 17th Century. With great river views, this charming pub is immensely popular.
- The Andover Arms- If you are looking for a quality of service and what could claim to be the best pint in the world, then a Fuller's beer at the Andover Arms is for you.
Arts and Culture
- Riverside Studios - A unique arts and media centre on the Thames with performance studios, a cinema and contemporary restaurant and bar.
- The Lyric Theatre - Lyric Hammersmith produces thought provoking, entertaining, popular, eclectic, contradictory and diverse art and theatrical shows.
Shopping & Entertainment
- Hammersmith Apollo - A major entertainment venue. Designed in Art Deco style, it is one of London's most exciting live music venues, hosting concerts from every musical, comedy, and entertainment genre.
- Westfield - One of the largest shopping centres in the UK, with over 255 high street brands and designer shops.
- Vue Westfield - London's first choice film destination, as the UK's biggest and most technologically advanced, fully digital cinema complex.
- O2 Shepherds Bush Empire - A long history of entertaining Londoners. Previously the BBC Television Theatre, and now is a music venue with 2000 capacity.
- King Street in Hammersmith offers a wide range of shops from leading high street clothing brands to independent boutique shops.
Sports and Outdoors
- Virgin Active Premium Health Club in Hammersmith
- Fitness First Fully equipped health club on Hammersmith Grove
- Brackenbury Natural Health Clinic (Brackenbury)
- Ravenscourt Park is the largest in the area with tennis courts, flower garden, a children's play area with paddling pool and plenty of open space. There’s a great garden centre next to the main entrance, The Ginko Garden Centre.
- The riverside park of Furnival Gardens is just beyond Hammersmith Bridge and is a fantastic sunny day activity.
- Also popular are St Peter's Square Garden , Chiswick House and Bishops Park.
- Just across the river, the London Wetland Centre has 105 acres of wetland inhabitants and over 180 bird species, with an interactive Discovery Centre, children's farmyard, art gallery and observatory activities.